Thursday, February 25, 2010

Stefan Sagmeister

TED Talk - 
This was a really funny and interesting talk. I think that design can definitely affect our happiness. I feel happier and calmer when I'm in a space that is well designed - or keeping with my design aesthetic. I even feel happier using a mac (which I'm typing on right now) rather than a pc. It just feels better and makes me feel better. Being in a creative environment, can make you feel creative - being in a happy environment, can make you feel happy. 

I think that Sagmeister is successful - first of all, because he knows how to communicate well. His audience is very entertained and interested in his talk. I loved the subway instructions that he talked about - they are something that nobody ever notices until they are different. "Riding with despair - prohibited. Keep your hopes up." 


No comments:

Post a Comment