Monday, March 8, 2010

Timeline Process Work

Timeline Process Work:

Project Brief:
This project was all about organizing information. I had to make my timeline easy to read and understand. It had to communicate time in a way that the viewer could see it. There needed to be some kind of organization that made sense to my subject: History of the Bathing Suit. I needed to create hierarchy with type size, weight,.. -- color and position on the page were my main tactics.

I used a seashell to communicate the feeling of the beach. The seashell worked well for my timeline because it spiraled in and created a feeling of depth of time. I put the 50,000 BC date wayyy on the inside of the shell. The dates then spiraled out in rainbow color order.

Overview:
Overall, I really liked this project. I think that mine turned out really well and it has a sophisticated feeling that I didn't think I would get with the swim suit topic. I think that my type looks clean and simple, and then that contrasts with the fun rainbow colors. The colors help the viewer see the dates in order, which I think worked really well. The colors were also pulled from the colors of the shell before I made it grayscale.













1 comment:

  1. Your poster really evolved, It's neat to see it progress through the process. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete